Monday, February 7, 2011

They Call The Blog Pariah

Pity the Undergroundpewster who signals all rejected hateful comments over to my flagship for analysis. It seems that there exist some deeply disturbed individuals who see the Undergroundpewster as a Pariah.



Pariah: (from Encarta)


1. outcast: somebody who is despised and avoided


2. somebody rejected from caste: in South Asia, somebody who has defied a social law and has therefore been rejected by a caste


[Early 17th century. < Tamil paṟaiyan "drummer" < paṟai "festival drum"; because hereditary drummers were outside the caste system]



With apologies to Lerner and Loewe


Pariah
Pariah
They call the blog Pariah

Away out here they got a name
For rain and wind and fire
The rain is Tess, the fire Joe,
And they call the blog Pariah

Pariah blows the sermons around
And sends the priests a’flyin’
Pariah makes the pulpit sound
Like folks were up there dying

Pariah
Pariah
They call the blog Pariah

Before I knew Pariah’s name
And heard her wail and whinin’
I had a pew and it had me
And the sun was always shinin’

But then one day I left my pew
I left it far behind me
And now I’m sound, and get around
Where God can better find me

Pariah
Pariah
They call the blog Pariah

Out here they got a name for rain
For wind and fire only
But you’re never lost nor all alone
But there ain’t no word folks can use
To make you feel lonely

He's always there
That brilliant star to guide me
Pariah's not the love I need
I have my Lord beside me

Pariah
Pariah
They call the blog Pariah

Pariah
Pariah!
blog your love to me

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Brutally sick sense of humor. I love it.

Undergroundpewster said...

Thanks,

I like the idea of being a Tamil drummer.

ToilNotSpin said...

My goodness, it seems to me that UP posts all the comments that come, whether critical or not. It's scary to think that there are some he has to omit completely, and slightly scary that he shares them with another person. Having said that, I must confess an interest in seeing just one psychotic criticism, just for the dark fascination of it. And by the way, I LOVED the new lyrics to "They Call the Wind Maria" lol.

Wallace H. Hartley said...

Sorry for the delay in posting comments chaps, but thanks for stopping by.

Back to composition class.