Thursday, July 19, 2012

On The Good Ship T.E.C.

Okay, I have come up with another possible song for use by the Episcopal organization. This one can be ued at their next General Convention in 2015.

I've thrown away your laws
Your doctrines and creeds.
I wanna make some noise
With brand new liturgies.

Some day I'm going to write.
A new Prayer Book too.
And when I do,
how would you
like to walk with me and Louie Crew...

On the good ship T.E.C.
Its about relationship between you and me.
Where Bishops play
With the theology of the day.

Kool-aid stands everywhere,
Giant puppets of doom fill the air.
And there you were
Heading right for the iceberg.

See the House of Deputies
do the tootsie roll
This kind of thing's gonna take its toll.
When you take the Devil's hand,
You'll awake in the frying pan.

On the good ship T.E.C.
Its a bad trip into heresy
So dream away
On the good ship T.E.C.

Shamelessly inspired by,
"The Good Ship Lollipop"

music by R. Whiting and words by S. Clare

I've thrown away my toys
Even my drum and train.
I wanna make some noise
With real live aeroplanes.
Some day I'm going to fly.
I'll be a pilot too.
And when I do, how would you
Like to be my crew...

On the good ship lollipop.
Its a sweet trip to a candy shop
Where bon-bons play
On the sunny beach of Peppermint Bay.

Lemonade stands everywhere.
Crackerjack bands fill the air.
And there you are
Happy landing on a chocolate bar.

See the sugar bowl do the tootsie roll
With the big bad devils food cake.
If you eat too much ooh ooh
You'll awake with a tummy ache.

On the good ship lollipop
Its a night trip into bed you hop
And dream away
On the good ship lollipop.

No comments: